On 05/10/2017 12:10, Anthony K wrote:
It might require a vgexport then vgimport to fix.

On 03/10/2017 21:28, Gordon Messmer wrote:

Is /etc/mdadm.conf up to date?  Run "mdadm --detail --scan" to get the information you need, and either replace the lines in mdadm.conf or add the one that's missing.  You might need to rebuild the initrd afterward (dracut --force).  I'm unclear on why any of that would be necessary, though.  I don't usually add pre-existing arrays to running systems, so I'm a bit out of my experience here.

Thanks for the replies both

I'd already tried both those ideas before posting, I should have mentioned

In the end what fixed it was copying over the lvm.conf from the old system backup, and rebuilding the initrd

I didn't think to diff the two before hand so not sure what it was that changed, but sorted now anyway!

thanks again

Duncan