On 12/4/2017 4:19 PM, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
I would replace that if possible (Intel would be great candidate), or
use USB adapters others suggest.

yeah, Intel wifi cards are generally excellent and well supported.

I don't like USB wifi at all.   the antennas are tiny and have very poor gain or efficiency.   you want to get an internal mPCI-E card or whatever it is your laptop expects, as that will connect to the built in antenna which runs along the top of the screen on most laptops and will give you FAR better signal gain resulting in better range, and faster transfers