On 2017-12-08 20:37, Kenneth Porter wrote:
--On Friday, December 08, 2017 7:54 PM +0000 MRob <mro...@insiberia.net> wrote:

PowerDNS supports CAA records beginning with version 4.0, but the pdns
package in EPEL for most recent centos versions is stuck at around
version 3.4 (3.4.11 is what I have).

Do I have no other choice but to manually compile and maintain my own
pdns installation? I prefer to avoid this but I need up-to-date features.

Rawhide has version 4. With any luck you could just rebuild the SRPM
with no issues. I've done that with packages where I need a bleeding
edge feature on a CentOS system. Sometimes I have to tweak the spec
file so that it will build with the older tools.

The worse problem is when it depends on much newer other packages.
Then one gets into dependency hell. In such a case, you might want to
try using Fedora COPR to assemble a custom build system.

Thank you for that reply. It turns out PowerDNS hosts their own repositories:

https://repo.powerdns.com/