On 12/11/2017 1:32 PM, Larry Martell wrote:
Thanks. Missed that. Now I do get 7.5.13 but it seems I have to type
that command in each new shell. Can I make that the default python? I
want django and uWSGI to use that version.

The "default" python is a dependency for many other system packages, so changing it without understanding what effect it will have on other parts of the system would be dangerous. The idea behind Software Collections is that you only affect the packages that truly need the newer version.

How are you launching django and uWSGI? I'd suggest putting the SC command in their startup scripts to keep the new version confined to them.