Le 08/04/2018 à 13:54, Nicolas Kovacs a écrit :
> As far as I can tell, there would be several solutions to this problem.
>
> 1. Ask the EPEL maintainers to keep the application up-to-date.
>
> 2. Patch the darn thing so I don't get the annoying popup.
>
> 3. Maintain my own up-to-date version of XScreenSaver in my private repo.
>
> Any thoughts about this?

I just got the following response from Jamie Zawinski, the XScreenSaver
developer:

"Yes, your distro sucks, and I wish they would stop redistributing my
software if they refuse to keep it up to date."

He apparently had the same reaction with the Debian guys.

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Site : https://www.microlinux.fr
Blog : https://blog.microlinux.fr