Quoting <>:

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2950 with PERC 5/i, and 6 disks.  Two disks
have one logical volume via a hardware RAID 1 and consist of CentOS 5
64-bit; the remaining four comprise a logical volume via a hardware
RAID 0, and is all user data.

One drive on the RAID 0 went bad.   I removed it while the system was
on, tried a reboot, and the system hangs at RedHat Linux... Starting

I tried to boot from a Fedora 8 CD, which sees the boot drives fine,
but not the RAID 0 partitions.

Visiting the PERC controller setup claims the RAID 0 volume is
unavailable, or something similar, though it is defined, with one of
the disks labelled as missing, since I removed it from the system.

How do I get the partitions on the RAID 0 setup back?   I have some of
the data, but need the rest, if possible, and the remaining three disks
appear physically healthy.   I'm also going to work with Dell for some
answers, and I've done a lot of googling.

Thanks.

Scott

Good luck. If you used RAID0 and you lost a drive, your data is gone. There is ZERO redundancy in RAID0. Again, your data is gone.

Replace the drive, partition it again, then use RAID1, 5, or 6 on your remaining drives to get some kind of redundancy. Then restore what you can from backups.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.crc.id.au