I am looking for software to make slideshows/presentations on CentOS,
incorporating photos, videos and text (possibly also music) allowing for
transition effects etc. I'd like to be able to drag and drop/rearrange photos
etc. from different folders into a timeline and eventually end up with
something I can show. Ideally without having to make copies of photos and store
them in a folder specific for this but drag and drop from whatever folder the
photo etc. already exists in.

Impress and similar PowerPoint-like software excluded.

I have found a few packages on the net but nothing that is still being
developed.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.