On 10/5/19 7:15 AM, Александр Кириллов wrote:
How to add an application icon to gnome 3 classic desktop on centos 8?
TIA
Using firefox as an example,

cp /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop $(xdg-user-dir DESKTOP)/

or

ln -s /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop $(xdg-user-dir DESKTOP)/

I've already tried something like this but the icon is that of a text
document and it just opens as text when clicked. Do I have to install a
shell extension for this to work?
I got the first approach to work for me, the cp command. That being said, I'm on CentOS 7.7 with gnome 3.28. Supposedly you CAN INSTALL an extension to get you back to a right mouse click to add an application to your icon to your desktop, but this requires gnome 3.30. The lack of something easier to do this is truly annoying. I feel your pain!