On Sat, 9 Nov 2019, Robert G (Doc) Savage via CentOS wrote:

When RHEL8 and CentOS8 were released, I was looking forward to setting
up SAMBA as a AD DC server for CentOS8. But when I lifed the hood on
the samba.spec file I found the option to build the samba-dc binary rpm
has been disabled for rhel family builds.

Apparently Red Hat does not want to support a unified SAMBA AD DC
environment. I believe we have all of the componentns needed to set up
a fully up-to-date samba-dc binary. But it's been decades since I last
rolled up my sleeves with my hardbound copy of "Maximum RPM" and built
custom binary rpms.

Has anyone already done this as a COPR or similar project? Failing
that, I'm willing to work with anyone with more up-to-date rpmbuild
tools to create and document the process.

You might want to take a look at https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo

In addition, you might want to join the samba list over at samba.org.

There are a few other doing rpms for centos also. I do not use them
but maybe it will help.

Regards,

--
Tom                     m...@tdiehl.org