Am 16.02.2020 um 16:18 schrieb H:
I wonder if it is possible to set up an encrypted "file container" on a CentOS
VPS? I am the root user of the VPS but the hosting company also has access to the VPS and
thus all files. Is it possible to create a LUKS-container on the VPS and those files only
be accessible by me? IOW, most of the file system on the VPS would be regular file system
but the container could be used by me as needed. This would allow the VPS to reboot
normally, I could ssh in normally etc etc. I would rsync files as needed to this
LUKS-container though.

Sounds like you want a transparent client-side encryption solution. For instance

https://cryptomator.org/
https://github.com/cryptomator/cryptomator

Alexander