On 22/02/2020 03:55, Seth Goldin wrote:
Unfortunately, the GUI isn't quite set up to tell you what the error would
be.

Seriously? I'd say that if it's not set up that way it has no business being included in a stable release of anything, let alone an "enterprise operating system"...

  When you use `$ sudo yum install whatever.rpm`, the output in the shell
will often give you a clue as to what's going wrong--a missing dependency,
etc.

Actually, I'm talking about cases where there isn't or shouldn't be anything going wrong at all. The rpms install just fine from the command line.

- Toralf

-- Seth.