On 2020-04-12 08:13, Jonathan Billings wrote:
On Apr 12, 2020, at 05:47, Pete Biggs <p...@biggs.org.uk> wrote:
There are other options than LDAP, and servers other than OpenLDAP, but
LDAP is the de facto standard.

Unfortunately,  OpenLDAP as a server is deprecated in C8, and isn’t packaged
anymore.  Upstream they point customers to their directory service, which is
based on 389 directory service.

Okay, I found

https://directory.fedoraproject.org/docs/389ds/download.html.

Thank you for the useful reply.

It appears that they just pasted a new name on an old horse. It's still LDAP.

I'll follow the directions there. At least the directions say they are for CentOS 8.1+

I'll let you know what happens. I hope I don't end up having to reinstall to fix the mess this makes.

--
    _
   °v°