Il 02/07/20 15:02, Valeri Galtsev ha scritto:

On 7/2/20 3:22 AM, Alessandro Baggi wrote:
Il 01/07/20 17:13, Leroy Tennison ha scritto:
I realize this shouldn't happen, the file is a tgz and isn't being modified while being transmitted.  This has happened maybe three times this year and unfortunately I've just had to deal with it rather than invest the time to do the research.

Harriscomputer

Leroy Tennison
Network Information/Cyber Security Sp

Hi Leroy,

I think that in my case I could not use a tgz archive. I'm speaking about full backups that reach 600/700GiB, compressing them and then rsync them could take so much time that it will be useless.

unless you use tape (of that high capacity), it is advantageous to restrict volume size to, say, 50GB. Then when you restore, search for specific files will be faster. And it will help your backup volumes transfers as well.

Valeri

Hi Valeri,

thank you for your suggestion.

Is bacula the right backup system when I need to replicate data offsite? There are other backup solution that simplify this process?

Thank you in advance