Il 02/08/20 19:22, Valeri Galtsev ha scritto:

On 8/2/20 12:09 PM, Alessandro Baggi wrote:

Il 02/08/20 18:54, Stephen John Smoogen ha scritto:
On a side note, you keep emphasizing you aren't expecting an SLA.. but
all your questions are what someone asks to have in a defined SLA. I
have done the same thing in the past when things have gone badly, but
couching it in 'I am not asking' just makes the people being asked
grumpy. Better to be open and say 'Look I would like to know what my
expectations should be for CentOS' and be done with it.

Sorry, but you are wrong about this.

If I want SLA and QA I will use RHEL.

Now permit me to say one thing: the update on my machines, failed in a so bad way that my first thought was "WTF? they tested this fix?" and I'm not the only one that

And this complaint has to fall onto RedHat. Slightly underestimating the job CentOS team is doing, one could say: CentOS in just a binary replica of RedHat Enterprise.

Hi Valeri,

Yes you are right.

And again, we use distributions for what benefit they give us, and any trouble we may encounter, we have just ourselves to blame for the choice we had made. And I here am not restricting the choices we could have made to variety of Linux flavors, but include in general anything one could use: a bunch of BSD descendants, MacOS (which server administration wise I excluded from chain BSD --> Darwin --> MacOS 10, or rather ignore that to be a chain), MS Windows (no, I am not asking for shots at me, I for one use FreeBSD for servers, not MS Windows), etc.

I use CentOS on workstation (except for my own_ and numbercrunchers. And once again, thanks a lot to the whole CentOS team for the great job, you, guys are doing!

Just my abstract view of this.

Valeri

the previous message was sent incomplete.

I appreciate very much the great job done by the CentOS team with so low resource.