At 04:18 PM 8/4/2020, you wrote:
Am 05.08.20 um 01:09 schrieb david:
At 01:54 PM 8/4/2020, you wrote:
On Tue, 04 Aug 2020 13:44:05 -0700
david wrote:

> After all the updates, the system was NOT bootable.

How long did you wait for it to boot, and what did it do when it failed to boot? What text messages showed up on the console? Any reported errors when you ran the update or when you rebooted the computer? If so, what did the say?

I personally haven't had any issues updating any of my computers (using a mix of Centos 6, 7 and 8) but maybe they're all too old to for the issue to show up.

--
How long did I wait:Â  5 minutes
What on the console:Â  nothing, just a dull gray color

Can you boot the system with all updates and secureboot=off?
(Just to be sure; I imply that you use UEFI, right?)

--
Leon

I'm not sure how to turn 'secure boot' off or if it exists. (MacMini5.2). I presume it uses UEFI, but not sure how to answer that.

Boot failure only occurs when the grub2/shim/mokutil updates are applied.

David