At 07:10 PM 10/28/2020, Kenneth Porter wrote:
--On Wednesday, October 28, 2020 5:34 PM -0700 david <da...@daku.org> wrote:

During initial setup, I'd like to avoid the manual actions of logging on
as root and executing a command, but instead have that command run
without intervention.

"During initial setup" is vague. Lots of stuff happens during startup. With systemd, you can control what triggers your script to run. Does it need the filesystems up? Does it need networking? This will be a part of your systemd unit file.

The output of the command would still show up on the terminal that
initiated the reboot.

This one might be hard. Is there a way to know where a reboot command came from? Does the kernel or systemd save this somewhere?

By "initial setup", I meant during the initial install of the operating system, starting from "net-install". Maybe one user is defined. The reboot command is issued from a script that was initiated by hand.