On 12/9/20 8:41 AM, Walter H. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just tried installing a VM from the stream ISO and it worked;
>
> the only thing I would like to have changed as a default config is
>
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=".... net.ifnames=0 ..."
>
> the reason, I find eth0, eth1, eth2 easier to use than cryptic names
> like ens33 or ens0p3 or so;
>
> Walter
>
> p.s. can someone tell in as short as possible what this CentOS Stream is
> in comparison to CentOS 8?

CentOS Stream is built from the currently released RHEL Source Code + 0.1

So if RHEL 8.3 is released .. Stream is the Source Code (built) that
will become 8.4 in a few months.
  • [CentOS]... Walter H.
    • Re:... Johnny Hughes
      • ... Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC (USA) via CentOS
        • ... Johnny Hughes
          • ... Barry Brimer
            • ... Matthew Miller
              • ... Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC (USA) via CentOS
                • ... Matthew Miller
              • ... James Szinger
                • ... Johnny Hughes
          • ... me
            • ... Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC (USA) via CentOS