Oh, that's right, it's 2020, the dumpster fire of a year.

On 12/9/20 4:40 AM, J Martin Rushton via CentOS wrote:

On 09/12/2020 09:26, cen...@niob.at wrote:
On 09/12/2020 07:16, Kingsly John wrote:

A non-paying CentOS user is not a real loss for RHEL. But people dumping
CentOS for a non-RHEL clone is definitely going to impact their future
revenues as they are losing mindshare/goodwill/easy migration etc.
<snip>>
I am seeing this in practice already with juniors - they all use Ubuntu on their personal systems and they hate having to deal with RHEL. And their opinions matter in the long run.

And exactly the same applies to senior (or retired) admins on their home computers.  My main home machine runs about a dozen testbed VMs, DHCP/DNS for the home network, Amanda, NFS and Samba for other machines, ownCloud, Apache, Zotero and DokuWiki for the family.  I want a stable server under that lot, not a beta release.

Retired sr. Linux admin here also, also running CentOS at home. Moved to 7 this past summer (really dislike sstemd, hung onto 6 as long as possible).

What I find outright offensive is that I see someone posted the specs for the Board... and #2 was "community outreach".

Can someone point me to a post, ONE SINGLE POST, before this announcement, saying that this was being considered? That this might possibly happen?

Show me that this was not just presented to the community as a fait accompli, non-negotiable.

        mark