On 12/9/20 9:32 AM, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 1:41 AM Pete Biggs <p...@biggs.org.uk> wrote:

I think what a lot of people are concerned about is the rolling-release
aspect of this. There will be no definitive versioning of CentOS in the
future - all you will be able to say is "fully updated" and it won't be
<snip>
As CentOS Stream grows, I expect many companies who sell hardware will
become active members of the community.

I expect them to leave. In the real world, we had EXTREMELY limited windows to update servers and workstations. To expect people to do daily updates is asking for management, as well as the users, to scream bloody murder. Most are *not* that technical, and will start blaming the update for something else not working, and management will hear *them*.

I was chased off RH after RH 9, when it went to pay for licenses (and I was "between positions"), and came back, because I *like* the RH architecture. but I'm considering ubuntu now.

        mark