Am 10.12.20 um 18:02 schrieb Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC (USA) via CentOS:
On Dec 10, 2020, at 11:50 AM, m...@tdiehl.org wrote:

So if I understand this correctly, centos8 + will basically be a rolling release
and we will never know what we are really running. Is this correct?

That's my understanding, iff you automatically install all CentOS stream
updates the moment they become available.  But I still don't see why nearly no
one is going for the idea that there be some way (ideally automated) to tag all
the packages at the point of the RedHat release, and install only those from
Stream once the RHEL release is ready?

Evaluating all the fragmented informations (another topic; communication to community) I get the impression that CXStream will never have a state that reflects RHEL point releases (not 100%). Why? Well CVE are one reason and another will be the different parts that are moving differently forward and the late parts (CVE coming after RHEL release) and so on ...

--
Leon

      • ... me
        • ... Bernstein, Noam CIV USN NRL (6393) Washington DC (USA) via CentOS
          • ... Phelps, Matthew
          • ... Matthew Miller
            • ... Phelps, Matthew
            • ... Matthew Miller