On 3/1/21 10:41 AM, Christopher Wensink wrote:
Jay,

I agree, the last post on https://squirrelmail.org/ was an announcement for PHP 5.4 and 5.5 Compatibility  from 5/30/2013.

The last plugin update was 3/28/2014.  I consider squirrelmail pretty much dead at this point.

No. it is not. It is not actively developed, no new featured are added for quite some time. Squirrelmail can be downloded here:

https://squirrelmail.org/download.php

Where you can see year 2021 stable version snapshots. Latest you can download works with PHP 7. As I said in another comment: they do not do new development. But they actively support what it is now, and in my estimate it will not be phased out in any observable future.

Yes I had to do this kind of homework when I was rebuilding [freebsd jail with] webmail services.

Valeri

PS Not everything that paces fast with new "releases" and which releases security patches even more often (yes, I look at you, Mozilla firefox and thunderbird) is "pretty much dead". There are great examples, like: netscape navigator (in its time), cvs (in its time and still here), subversion, squirrelmail, mailman 2 to name few.