So I tried a few things, I have a few docking stations, and they all seem to show that problem.

Can't shut it down, remotely, while in a docking station. Also,  when in a docking station and using  the laptops  keyboard and LCD screen,  and  power down the laptop in RHEL/Centos, just results into a reboot.  It does that  with RHEL/Centos 7 and 8.

When I  boot it with Centos 6,  the behaviour is as expected,  it just shuts down. So I guess this issue  was "introduced" after Centos 6 somewhere?

thanks,

Ron