On 4/5/21 3:24 PM, J Martin Rushton via CentOS wrote:
I installed the beta when it came out on a VM running under C7.  I upgrade every day or two and Alma upgrades have so far been seamless. It's transited from beta to RC and now to stable.

I installed the RC on a USB stick to allow me to run as bare metal on a laptop (which unfortunately has to remain as Win10).  It ran fine until the upgrade to stable, but then corrupted the image during the upgrade. I reinstalled and it seems to be running fine.

No one has said it, but everyone that's tried it - what's it at? I'm on CentOS 7. Do I have to go to 8 for Alma? Is there a 7? Is the conversion script someone mentioned for same release, or upgrade, or...?

        mark

I've been trialing Springdale as well (as a VM).

Requirements are:
     OwnCloud
     DokuWiki
     Zotero
     DNS slave, eventual master
     DHCP server
     NFS server
     Thunderbird
     Firefox
     KeePass
     OpenOffice
     FreeCAD
     Octave
     Lilypond and Frescobaldi
     Compilers: GNU and others.
I'll probably think of a few users as I work through them!