On 13.04.21 12:33, Simon Matter wrote:
Once upon a time, Nicolas Kovacs <i...@microlinux.fr> said:
Both PVE and PBS are based on Debian, and now I wonder if RHEL-based
systems
have something similar to offer.

I believe Red Hat Virtualization, and its open upstream oVirt, are
comparable to Proxmox.  I have used oVirt for a number of years.  oVirt
itself doesn't include backup software (it supports VM snapshots and
clones), but there are several third-party backup tools (both free and
commercial) compatible with oVirt/RHV, like Storeware's vProtect (I
haven't used it but seen others mention it).

I haven't followed oVirt/RHV but I'm wondering how free it is? Is it as
"free" as RHEL or as CentOS/Alma/Rocky/Navy/Oracle Linux?

Upstream -> Product

Fedora -> RHEL
oVirt  -> RHV

--