Am 31.01.23 um 18:14 schrieb Ryan Brothers:
I was hoping someone could help trace this:

I am building a docker container with ImageMagick, and I noticed that
the install size is much larger in Stream 9 vs Stream 8 because of
many more dependencies.  Some of the new dependencies that don't seem
to belong include:

ModemManager-glib
fuse
llvm-libs
upower
vulkan-loader
wireplumber

Can someone please confirm if this is correct to have these extra
dependencies?  I can't say for sure, but I don't think it was always
like this in Stream 9, so it might be from a recent change.

It might be related to gtk2 depending on gtk3, and gtk3 having the
above dependencies, but gtk3 doesn't have those dependencies in Stream
8.

In Stream 8:
# docker run --rm -ti quay.io/centos/centos:stream8 bash
dnf -y install epel-release
dnf install ImageMagick
Install  95 Packages

Total download size: 35 M
Installed size: 116 M

In Stream 9:
# docker run --rm -ti quay.io/centos/centos:stream9 bash
dnf -y install epel-release
dnf install ImageMagick

Install  247 Packages

Total download size: 187 M