Florin Andrei wrote:
Martyn Drake wrote:

Having worked for a large film and television post-production facility
in London for just over six years, XFS has been the primary filesystem
for all our servers.  Much of the data was split across multiple disk
servers - each with around 2-3Tb of data.  The whole filesystem was
presented to the workstations over NFS with scripts to manage links to
the different file servers - presenting a unified filesystem to the
artist.  XFS had given us the performance and reliability required and
has gotten us out of some nasty scrapes.

Well, XFS was designed exactly for the kind of scenario you're describing. No wonder it performs really well in that sort of situation.

Thanks to all for your help. I decided to go with XFS, since it could be loaded as a module and I have worked with it on SGI platforms for years.

Thanks again.

Monty