sbeam wrote:
Interested in this discussion too, for reasons recently discussed...

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 09:07, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
For a starter, there is a very simple tool for this.
It's http://www.inlab.de/balance.html

2. RedHat Cluster Suite dan Piranha (http://www.redhat.com)
3. Linux Virtual Server (http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org)

Do all of these (or IPVS or Cluster Suite/GFS) take care of real-time sharing of storage (sessions, database, files, logs) between all nodes? For a LAMP or JEE or any other HTTP stack serving anything but readonly static files, this is usually a requirement. GFS is for sharing filesystem I know and there are howtos. So would you put Balance or LVS on top of GFS, or...

Would HA/DRBD be on the short list? http://www.drbd.org/ in our case we have a two-node cluster anyway so this seems like the most straightforward option. Or would something else be superior, more up-to-date?

Sam
I think for a two nodes with real time storage sharing heartbeat / drbd would offer what you want. There's a pretty simple how to on the centos wiki to get you up and running.

I've not really used the RedHat cluster suite, but I 'think' it can offer a similar solution.

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Ha-Drbd

-Ross-