On Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:31 PM, Victor Padro wrote:

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 11:21 AM, S.Tindall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wednesday, June 04, 2008 12:07 PM, Victor Padro wrote:

Actually I did that but there was no solution
like you said:
# chroot /mnt/sysimage
# grub-install /dev/sda
I even tried:
# grub-install /dev/sda2
# grub-install /dev/hda
but there was no possitive result and couldn't boot at all.
I tried installing FC9 but there was no sucess at all.

I guess I'll wait until CentOS 5.2 its released, because my subscription
Red Hat will finish sometime in September, mean while I'll test Xen under
RHEL 5.2.

Since you installed using AHCI, but then changed to SATA (hence the kernel panic), you probably need to rebuild the initrd image (see mkinitrd) from
rescue mode.

Steve

How can I rebuild the initrd image if it doesn't see the HD?
I tried that...I having the conclusion that perhaps it's the sata_nv and the AHCI drivers provided in CentOS/RHEL 5, 5.1 that they're not well compiled
or something because I did install using RHEL 4.
that's kinda odd to me...

My misunderstanding. I thought you were implying that you could successfully mount in rescue mode.

Steve