Gergely Buday wrote:
Michel van Deventer wrote:

how can I configure a DSL access using the command line? The Red Hat
Certified Engineer Linux Study Guide does not describe this and I
could not find any description on the internet.
Maybe you can provide us with some more information, as like which
provider are you using in which country, what kind of hardware are you
using to connect to DSL (router/pci card?), which version of CentOS are
you using and maybe other info that might be of use ?

The case is that I used the GUI for my fedora box and now would like
to set the same to my centos server that would be the firewall. I use
eth0 to connect to my service provider's network. When I set up on
fedora I choose DSL and gave login name and password and worked out of
the box. I use CentOs 5.1 on my server.

I would like to use an editor better than the GUI to configure this.
My provider is Digi Tv in Hungary.
adsl-setp does the configuration. Then there is an adsl-start script. But I set my ifcfg-ppp0 file to bring the ppp0 interface up at boot time and it does. A 'simple' service network restart or:

ifdown ppp0 ; ifup ppp0

bounces the connection nicely.