MHR wrote:
On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 4:16 AM, Karanbir Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
by changing the Subject line, and not retaining the reply-to context in the
mailheaders, you end up creating a new thread each time. so can you not do
that please ?

Hmm - I did that on purpose because (I thought) I had been soundly
thrashed in prior efforts for not doing that.

So, to clarify:  when an issue is solved, modify the subject: line so
to indicate and do NOT start a new thread?

Foo - I thought I had it right this time....

I, for one, dont think its worth wasting time with the SOLVED word in the subject lines. noone searches through achieves with the word 'SOLVED' in there.

But, whatever people do - thread sanity is way more important than changing subject lines. people looking for info on a topic almost always follow threads.