On 12 Sep 2008, at 14:47, Scott Silva wrote:

If anyone uses this, do you have something similar?
I don't run it on critical servers. I have had too many updates that needed to have manual intervention to get the server running again. Most were trivial to fix, but it still took someone being there to fix it.

Here is how I have it configured for critical systems. Works great, Centos 5.2, x86. Email notices can get annoying if you're not around a terminal for several hours/days, as it continues to notify you each hour it checks and finds an update.

[main]
# how often to check for new updates (in seconds)
run_interval = 3600
# how often to allow checking on request (in seconds)
updaterefresh = 600

# how to send notifications (valid: dbus, email, syslog)
emit_via = email
# should we listen via dbus to give out update information/check for
# new updates
dbus_listener = yes

# automatically install updates
do_update = no
# automatically download updates
do_download = no
# automatically download deps of updates
do_download_deps = no

# who to notify
email_to = [EMAIL PROTECTED]
email_from = [EMAIL PROTECTED]