nate wrote:
Robert Moskowitz wrote:

How best to proceed?

I assume this computer has a network connection? Put the kickstart
config on a http server.

Though I've long had problems with LVM and kickstart, it often
causes anaconda to crash (going back at least as far as RHEL 3).
Maybe 5.x is better in this regard.
Sounds good. Afterall, I am using the network card with the askmethod to select http to get to my local repo install of running through 6 CDs.

But this begs 2 questions:

How to access the kickstart via http (and where to put it, somewhere in the /centos/5/os/i386 structure?).

and

What to put into the kickstart to get it to finish in text mode? And how to set the xorg.conf size? THis will be a lot of reading up on kickstart. Been a couple of years since I did my own kickstart. I did figure out how to setup my drive info...