I seem to be having network and email issues tonight; please excuse any duplication

-- Russ herrold

HTML dump on Thu Jul 30 00:30:33 EDT 2009
     http://www.centos.org/

   Open Letter to Lance Davis

   July 30, 2009 04:39 UTC

   This is an Open Letter to Lance Davis from fellow CentOS Developers It is
   regrettable that we are forced to send this letter but we are left with
   no other options. For some time now we have been attempting to resolve
   these problems:

   You seem to have crawled into a hole ... and this is not acceptable.

   You have long promised a statement of CentOS project funds; to this date
   this has not appeared.

   You hold sole control of the centos.org domain with no deputy; this is
   not proper.

   You have, it seems, sole 'Founders' rights in the IRC channels with no
   deputy ; this is not proper.

   When I (Russ) try to call the phone numbers for UK Linux, and for you
   individually, I get a telco intercept 'Lines are temporarily busy' for
   the last two weeks. Finally yesterday, a voicemail in your voice picked
   up, and I left a message urgently requesting a reply. Karanbir also
   reports calling and leaving messages without your reply.

   Please do not kill CentOS through your fear of shared management of the
   project.

   Clearly the project dies if all the developers walk away.

   Please contact me, or any other signer of this letter at once, to arrange
   for the required information to keep the project alive at the
   'centos.org' domain.

   Sincerely,
   Russ Herrold
   Ralph Angenendt
   Karanbir Singh
   Jim Perrin
   Donavan Nelson
   Tim Verhoeven
   Tru Huynh
   Johnny Hughes

This document clearsigned with the key indicated and of record at the
customary keyservers

See:
http://orcorc.blogspot.com/2008/08/gnupg-few-minutes-on-using-detached-and.html

user: "R P Herrold <herr...@owlriver.com>"
1024-bit DSA key, ID 9B649644, created 2003-02-09