On Tue, 21 Dec 2010, Antonello Piemonte wrote:

To: centos@centos.org
From: Antonello Piemonte <apiem...@googlemail.com>
Subject: [CentOS] I/O size distribution?

Hello

I have read that under Solaris one can use DTrace to get I/O request
size distribution on a global scale (also on a per process/pid basis).
See for example

http://prefetch.net/articles/observeiodtk.html

Can anyone recommend an alternative to get similar information under
CentOS? I looked into dtrace for linux but it seems still work in
progress, even putting aside CDDL issues ...

This might do it. It's in the updates repo.

Name       : systemtap
Arch       : i386
Version    : 1.1
Release    : 3.el5_5.3