On 04/08/2011 11:35 AM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 7:16 AM, Steve Clark<scl...@netwolves.com>  wrote:
On 04/07/2011 05:14 PM, Akemi Yagi wrote:
I have just installed the kernel and will now start testing.

Great. Please keep us posted. If the patches work as expected, they
will be a worthy addition to the cplus kernel.
I got a kernel built with the patches using the wiki and your notes in
0004586 (thanks). I am pleased  to report
that they appear to work as advertised. With:
net.ipv6.conf.default.forwarding = 2
net.ipv6.conf.all.accept_ra = 2

Router solicitations were issued and router advertisements were accepted and
I could still forward packets.
Glad to hear things worked. Now that a new c6 kernel update is out, I
will try and see if I could include the patches to this version (
2.6.32-71.24.1 ).

I didn't make new patches, I simply did
%define with_fuzzy_patches 1
Never used it. Is it "safe" to do that?

As a general rule probably not. I did examine the result of the patched files
and verified they
looked OK. I guess I could cp'ed the files that were affected, then applied the
patch by hand then ran gendiff against the
new and the old to get a new patch, but in the end it is the same thing, other
than having to turn on with_fuzzy_patches.
Also what should the normal rpmbuild line be?
I ended up doing
rpmbuild -bb --target=`uname -m` kernel.spec --with firmware --without debug
--without debuginfo

The first time I didn't have --with firmware and the kernel wouldn't
install.
Yes, C6 kernels require kernel-firmware. I build it with --target noarch.

Good to know.

--
Stephen Clark
*NetWolves*