On 19/02/13 09:41, Toralf Lund wrote:
> On 02/18/2013 06:58 AM, Toralf Lund wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Just thought I might ask my recent question about Eclipse again, only in
>>> a slightly different way:
>>>
>>> Is anyone here using the Eclipse version supplied with the CentOS 6
>>> distro (as opposed to a build downloaded from www.eclipse.org)? Does it
>>> work for you? Are you able to install additional components via the
>>> built-in software setup mechanism?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> - Toralf
>> I am using Eclipse for a C project on CentOS 6.  Eclipse was installed using
>> YUM and only from the CentOS repositories.
> OK. One problem I have, is that the C/C++ support seems incomplete, even
> though I have installed the cdt rpm. Just wondering, what do you see when you
> press "what's already installed", or whatever it's called (I forget, and I
> don't have my installation right here), in the "Add software" dialog within
> Eclipse.
I've got it to work, now. Not sure what exactly did the trick, but the
following helped:

# yum install eclipse-\*
# yum remove eclipse-nls htmlparser

After this, various C++ components and *a lot* of other pieces, too,
were added to the Installed Software list. I very much doubt that the
installation actually added all the modules. Instead I suspect that in
the past, there was some kind of problem that caused the system to stop
that this issue was resolved by the install command. If you know what I
mean...

- Toralf