On 08/25/2013 11:13 AM, Steve Brooks wrote:

[2] I am still confused how given the kernel reports as being

      2.6.18-348.12.1.el5 #1 SMP

      and not a PAE kernel.. Why am I seeing

       MemTotal:      3574676 kB

Steve

As I recall, as of EL6 they no longer ship separate SMP and/or PAE kernels for i386. They're all SMP- and PAE-enabled out-of-the-box.

I just looked in http://mirror.centos.org/centos-6/6/os/i386/Packages/ and there is ONLY one kernel package provided. There are kernel-debug, -header, -firmware, -devel and -doc packages, but no -SMP or -PAE packages.

I believe it stated as much in the EL6 release notes, at least for the initial release. But I've slept since then...
--
Jay Leafey - jay.lea...@mindless.com
Memphis, TN