Hey Itzik,

So the writing of that guideline needs to be rewritten since it's not
conveyed the intentions behind it and I should have looked to correct that
guideline.

The original idea what that it would allow linking to sites whereby a
Wikimedia entity controls the content of the landing page not necessarily
owning the domain itself or hosting the site.

This is meant to allow for things like Wikimedia controlled youtube streams
such as this, Wikimedia controlled eventbrite pages for Wikimedia run
conferences, surveys created and maintained by Wikimedia but hosted on
third party websites such as surveymonkey, google or qualtrics (groups like
the Irish use group and other affiliates) or hosted MOOC content that is
hosted on a third party website but whose content is maintained by
Wikimedia (such as that run by Wikimedia France)

I hope that makes sense. Silver lining is that I am glad that this list
isn't completely dead.

Regards
Seddon

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Itzik - Wikimedia Israel <
it...@wikimedia.org.il> wrote:

> I saw the central notice direct the users the foundation's YouTube channel.
>
> According to the guidelines:
>
> "*Wikimedia Owned* - Banners must link to Wikimedia controlled domains
> (owned either by Wikimedia Foundation, Wikimedia affiliates or Wikimedia
> Volunteers identified to the Wikimedia Foundation)."
>
> It's a bit problematic...
>

> *Regards,Itzik Edri*
> Chairperson, Wikimedia Israel
> +972-54-5878078 <+972%2054-587-8078> | http://www.wikimedia.org.il
> sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment!

Seddon

*Advancement Associate (Community Engagement)*
*Wikimedia Foundation*