FWIW, my ceph data dirs (for e.g. mons) are all on XFS. I've
experienced a lot of corruption on these on power loss to the node --
and in some cases even when power wasn't lost, and the box was simply
rebooted. This is on Ubuntu 12.04 with the ceph-provied 3.6.3 kernel
(as I'm using RBD on these).

It's pretty much to the point where I'm thinking of changing them all
over to ext4 for these data dirs, as the hassle of rebuilding mons
constantly is just not worth the trouble.

--Jeff