I just recently found out that ceph has some python bindings (yay!).
I see there are a couple of examples for using the rbd bindings here:
http://ceph.com/docs/master/rbd/librbdpy/

But that doesn't really include much about the librados bindings.  Are
there any examples for that?  For example I'm interested in converting
the following commands into python:

rados -p foo put test.tmp test --object-locator test
rados -p foo clonedata test.tmp test --object-locator test
rados -p foo rm test.tmp --object-locator test
rados -p foo get test test.downloaded