I'd just noticed utime on my laptop 32-bit build and was trying to figure out
why our 32-bit nightly didn't see it. And Greg had seen the system build
problem where I didn't, and I was isolating differences there as well.

I purposely didn't spend time on the system() error handling because I was
thinking of those calls as best-effort, if they fail the map will likely fail
anyway, but there's no harm in handling errors, particularly if it'll shit the
compiler up :)