On 01/29/2013 10:23 AM, Sage Weil wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2013, Yan, Zheng wrote:

>>> Can we change this to only skip early reply if there are replicas?  Or
>>> change things so we do send thos messages (or something isilar) early?  As
>>> is this will kill workloads like rsync that rename every file.
>>>

>> How about not mark xlocks on dentries done.
>
> Yeah, I like that if we do that just in the rename case.
>
> The other patches look okay to me (from a quick review).  With that change
> I'd like to pull the whole branch in.  I assume your current wip-mds
> branch include sthe fix or squashes the problem from the previous series?

Just force update my wip-mds branch. That patch is renamed to "mds: don't set
xlocks on dentries done when early reply rename".

I also updated "mds: preserve non-auth/unlinked objects until slave commit" and
"mds: fix slave rename rollback". The new patches trim non-auth subtrees more
actively.

Regards
Yan, Zheng