On Wed, 30 Jan 2013, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> >> Just to keep you posted,  upgraded our cluster yesterday to a custom
> >> compiled 0.56.1 and it has now been more than 24h and there is no sign
> >> on memory leak anymore. Previously it would rise by ~ 100 M every 24h
> >> almost like clock work and now, it's been slightly more than 24h and
> >> memory is stable. (it fluctuates, but no large jumps that stay
> >> forever).
> >
> > That's great news.  We've been trying to replicate the argonaut leak here
> > on argonaut and haven't succeeded so far.
>
> I'm sorry to report that my excitement was premature ...  it didn't
> grow during the first 24h but each day since then has seen a 100 M
> increase of OSD memory, so pretty much the same behavior as before.
> And again, happens when scrubbing PGs from the rbd pool.

Can you try disabling scrubbing and see if the leak stops?

        ceph osd tell \* injectargs '--osd-scrub-load-threshold .01'

(that will work for 0.56.1, but is fixed in later versions, btw.)  On
newer code,

        ceph osd tell \* injectargs '--osd-scrub-min-interval 1000000'
        ceph osd tell \* injectargs '--osd-scrub-max-interval 10000000'

Tracking this via

        http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/3883

Thanks!
sage