Hi Noah

Thank you for your comments.
My companies policy states that all software needs to go through a security assessment to be allowed to use in production. As all our tools are focused on java, a native implementation would be far easier to handle than a java binding of librados (which uses jna, which is also quite large). Also with a native java implementation there is no "technology-break" using three different software packages from three maintainers as compared to one native java implementation which only relies on the RADOS Protocol.

As for the documentation you referenced: I didn't find a documentation of the RADOS Protocol which could be used to base an implementation of librados upon. Does anything like this exist, or would I need to "translate" the c implementation?

Niklas