On 08/30/2013 05:26 PM, Josh Durgin wrote:
On 08/30/2013 02:42 AM, Wido den Hollander wrote:
Hi,

I created the attached patch to have libvirt create images with format 2
by default, this would simplify the CloudStack code and could also help
other projects.

The problem with libvirt is that there is no mechanism to supply
information like order, features, stripe unit and count to the
rbd_create3 method, so it's now hardcoded in libvirt.

Any comments on this patch before I fire it of to the libvirt guys?

Seems ok to me. They might want you to detect whether the function is
there and compile without it if librbd doesn't support it (rbd_create3
first appeared in bobtail).

Good one. Although I don't think anybody is still running Argonaut I'll do a version check of librbd and switch to rbd_create if needed.

--
Wido den Hollander
42on B.V.

Phone: +31 (0)20 700 9902