> Yeah. Well, the last run alone isn't so important; we want to see a
> string of clean runs because a lot of issues aren't reproduced in
> every run.

My hope was that we can see all "green" results for say this giant
release/backport, but I agree that we would need to make our go/no-go decision
based on multiple run results, as I am not sure if we can get them all "green"
due to complexity, time needed to execute, environment state etc..

We could thou modify our process a bit:
1. after backport-branch is ready for QE, merge it to the named branch (say
'giant' in this example) - that what we did now
2. cut a release numbered brach (maybe it's tag, not sure), say "v0.87.1"
3. run all QE suites on "v0.87.1" and get it to "all passed" state
4. make sure that commits to "v0.87.1" are committed to the named branch
('giant')

#2 is that we have not done this time.

Thx
YuriW