Hi,

I proposed a blueprint to add generic plugin support to Ceph for the upcoming
Ceph Developer Summit that will be held next week:

https://wiki.ceph.com/Planning/Blueprints/Infernalis/Generic_support_for_plugins_installation_and_upgrade

It's a rough draft still and I've created an feature request to track it
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/10941. Samuel Just actually created a ticket a
year ago that proposes part of the solution at
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/7291.

Takeshi, if such a mechanism was available, it would help deploy your new shec
plugin on an existing cluster, even on a giant cluster as long as the plugin is
ABI compatible.

Varada, it looks like a necessary first step for a generic key/value store
pluggable backend.

Would you be interested to participate in such a design session ?

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre