On 05-08-15 18:37, Srikanth Madugundi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are planning to move our radosgw setup from apache to civetweb. We
> were successfully able to setup and run civetweb on a test cluster.
>
> The radosgw instances are fronted by a VIP with currently checks the
> health by getting /status.html file, after moving to civetweb the vip
> is unable to get the health of radosgw server using /status.html
> endpoint and assumes the server is down.
>
> I looked at ceph radosgw documentation and did not find any
> configuration to rewrite urls. What is the best approach for VIP to
> get the health of radosgw?

You can simply query /

This is what I use in Varnish to do a health check:

backend rgw {
    .host               = "127.0.0.1";
    .port               = "7480";
    .connect_timeout    = 1s;
    .probe = {
        .timeout   = 30s;
        .interval  = 3s;
        .window    = 10;
        .threshold = 3;
        .request =
            "GET / HTTP/1.1"
            "Host: localhost"
            "Connection: close";
    }
}

Works fine, RGW will respond with a 200 OK in /

Wido