On Thu, 6 Aug 2015, ?? wrote:
> Dear Dr.Sage:

> Thank you for your detailed reply?These answers helps me a lot. I also
> have some problems in Question (1.

> In your reply, the requests according to the different PG enqueue into
> the ShardedWQ, if I have 3 requests( that is
> <pg1,r1>,<pg2,r2>,<pg3,r3>), and I put them to the ShardedWQ, is the
> process also aserializes processing?

Lots of threads are enqueuing things into the ShardedWQ.  A deterministic
function of the pg determines which shard the request lands in.

        https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/osd/OSD.cc#L8247

> When I want to dequeue the item from ShardedWQ, there is a work_queues
> (the type is the vector of work_queue) in ThreadPool
> method(WorkQueue.cc) and then I calculate the work queue according to
> the work_queues, so is there many work queue in the request process?
> or is there no association with the ShardedWQ?

        https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/common/WorkQueue.cc#L350

Any given thread services a single shard.  There can be more than
one threads per shard.  There's a bunch of code in OSD.cc that ensures
that the requests for any given PG are processed in order, serially,
so if two threads pull off requests for the same PG one will block so
that they still complete in order.

> When I get the item from ShardedWQ, I will transfer it to the
> transaction and then read or write. Is the process done one by one(
> another transaction is handled only when this transaction is over), if
> it is, Could we promise the performance? if it isn't , Are the
> transactions'actions parallel?

The write operations are analyzed, prepared, and then started (queued for
disk and replicated over the network).  Completion is asynchronous (since
it can take a while).

The read operatoins are currently done synchronously (we block while we
read the data from the local copy on disk), although this is likely to
change soon to be either synchronous or async (depending on the backend,
hardware, etc.).

HTH!
sage