On 15/08/2015 17:49, Abhishek Varshney wrote:> Hi Loic,

> Thanks for the detailed explanation. I have created an issue to keep track of
> hammer v0.94.4 release here : http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/12701.  I guess
> the HOWTO page (http://tracker.ceph.com/projects/ceph-releases/wiki/HOWTO)
> would be updated with this tracker issue once v0.94.3 is released? Please
> correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct.

Could you also update the header
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/12701#teuthology-run-commit to mimic
http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/11990#teuthology-run-commit-1e841b08cc9534e654de50967f06113fb7383b0chammer-backports-July-20
 ? It should be

.h3 teuthology run commit e1dadd3da9e39daf669f94715c7833d2b280bbed
(hammer backports August-14)

Because $ git rev-parse ceph/hammer-backports
e1dadd3da9e39daf669f94715c7833d2b280bbed

which is the branch you populated and that was compiled by
http://ceph.com/gitbuilder.cgi.

The content of this h3. section should the the output of the command

git --no-pager log --format='%H %s' --graph ceph/hammer..ceph/hammer-backports
| perl -p -e 's/"/ /g; if (/\w+\s+Merge (\d+)/) { s|\w+\s+Merge (\d+).*|"Pull
request $1":https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/$1|; } else {
s|(\w+)\s+(.*)|"$2":https://github.com/ceph/ceph/commit/$1|; } s/\*/+/; s/^/*
/;'

it starts with:

* +   "Pull request 5202":https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/5202
* |\
* | + "rpm: add missing Java
conditionals":https://github.com/ceph/ceph/commit/6417e8eff942dbbf6cd231ffb73136b7bdcd837f
* +   "Pull request 5203":https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/5203
* |\
* | + "Add rpm conditionals :
cephfs_java":https://github.com/ceph/ceph/commit/37284773a754ef4b91d2b5436d46a5fd2be4f67e
* +   "Pull request 5204":https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/5204

and should render nicely.

This should then be followed by h4. section, one per test suite we are going to
run.

h4. rbd

<pre>
./virtualenv/bin/teuthology-suite --priority 1000 --suite rbd --subset $(expr
$RANDOM % 5)/5 --suite-branch hammer --distro ubuntu --email l...@dachary.org
--ceph hammer-backports --machine-type plana,burnupi,mira
</pre>

etc.

Once this is done, I will copy paste the command to actually schedule the test.
And then we'll have to wait a few days for it to complete.

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre